Sunki the Service Animal

Sunki the Service Animal

Monday, August 6, 2012

Civic holiday part 2

So I posted that today was a very important date in the history of Canada, today is Simcoe Day, named for the founder of York (now Toronto), and the first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada (Ontario).

Our current Lieutenant Governor is David C Onley, he wrote a book sometime ago called Shuttle, daddy tells me it's a really good book. Well, I got to meet Mr Onley today, watched some 1812 firepower demonstrations, and wonder through some of the buildings.

Mr Onley is a champion for the disabled (being he is disabled himself), so daddy introduced him to me. And he wanted to know all about me being a service bunny, and the problems that daddy runs into.

During the firepower demonstration it got really weird, the smoke from the muskets blew toward us, and I kid you not, it made both me and daddy hungry.
Lieutenant Governor David C Onley (He's the one on the scooter)

The Lieutenant Governor's flag

Muskets firing

More muskets firing

Gunsmoke drifting across the field

This is a Rampart gun, daddy says it would be like a 50 caliber sniper rifle of today

This is what the Toronto Islands looked like in 1812

The town of York, Fort York isn't in this picture but it's further off to the west (right side of picture)

Fort York

This picture goes between the other two
It was super fun today, and there is still loads of stuff to come in this month.

Oh, one more thing, I MIGHT be in the Toronto Sun newspaper tomorrow, not sure yet but once we know I'll post a special blog about it.

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that you got to meet Lt. Gv. David Onley. What a great representative for the disabled community! And I'm sure he was interested in how you and your daddy are accommodated- After all, it's not every day you get the honor of meeting a service rabbit!!!

    ReplyDelete